Here are a few of the "ups" for 2009:
- We purchased our first home. Purchasing a home was a huge step for us. We have been married over 20 years and always lived in an apartment, but decided it was time to take the next step. The home buying process was not easy, but we made it through and love our home.
- This was the year that hubby defied the odds with his hearing. When he was diagnosed as going deaf 2 years ago, they told him he would completely lose his ability to hear within 2 years. Thankfully he still has a portion of his hearing.
- I got a promotion at work and made it through 4 rounds of downsizing with our company.
- Hubby hit the 100 pound mark on his weight loss and looks fantastic. He weighs less now than when we met 22 years ago!
- I resumed working on my master's degree and am proudly hanging on to a 4.0 GPA.
- We added Nash to our family. He is a Yorkie that is 3 pounds of pure attitude and most definitely a mama's boy.
- We ended the year by seeing TSO in concert and spending News Years Eve with a great group of friends.
Unfortunately during 2009 we also had some curve balls tossed our way.
- Abbie, our 6 year old Rat Terrier, broke her leg in June which required 3 surgeries to repair (the last one will happen in January). That was an tremendous expense we were not expecting, but have found a way to make it work.
- After several months of extreme pain in my knees, we learned that I have advanced arthritis (thankfully just osteoarthritis) which is affecting the knees and will begin to affect the back at some point.
- We learned that hubby has Meniere's Disease. This was totally unexpected and actually been out biggest curve ball for the year.
Although we tend to remember the bad more than the good, when I look at our list, we really did have more ups than downs. I am looking forward to 2010 and hope that we can continue to have more ups than downs.
I hope everyone has a prosperous and happy 2010. Happy New Year!