Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Time Flies

I can't believe I haven't posted since Thursday. Where does the time go? Okay, here is a quick recap of what I have been up to....

On Friday, we found out that one of hubby's Uncles passed away. He was the last of his father's siblings. He was 89 years old and passed peacefully at home. I also went to class in San Marcos which didn't end until 9:30pm. By the time I got home (I live about 80 miles from the school) it was almost 11pm and I was wiped out.

Saturday and Sunday were filled with the normal errands and around the house chores, but for some reason I never got on the computer.

Monday was back to work, but luckily I was able to work from home that day. On days that I work from home, I actually get twice as much done and I get to do it in my comfy clothes.

On Tuesday, I was back in the office and delivered annual reviews for 6 of my team members, plus got my own review. That took up the majority of the day and then I left work a little early to attend the Rosary for hubby's Uncle (well I suppose since we have been married for almost 22 years, he is my uncle too). Unfortunately, by the time we got there (it was completely across town on the tail end of rush hour traffic), the parking lot was full and they were turning people away. We tried parking on the streets in the neighborhood with no success, so we went to have dinner and then came back at the end of the Rosary to pay our respects. Come to find out, there were two Rosary's going on and both had large families which caused extreme crowding at the funeral home.

That brings me to today. We have the funeral services today and again they are across town. Since I am off work, I will use this morning to get some studying done for a test I have on Sunday and one of 3 research papers due on Monday. About midday we will head to the services and then hopefully back home before rush hour traffic hits again. Today is also my mother's birthday so I have to remember to call her this evening. Hopefully her cards reached her on time. I sent her one from "the kids" and then one from hubby and I. She has been feeling down about hitting #60, so hopefully the cards will cheer her up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment