Monday, January 18, 2010

Dog Grooming

I had no idea how much dog grooming was until I started calling around this morning. My sister-in-law told me she got her dog groomed at PetsMart for only $25. After calling around to several places, PetsMart included, the going rate was from $40-$45! That is a crazy price. I can buy a good set of clippers for that price and do it myself. Even if I buy one of the more expensive clippers it will pay for itself in a couple of uses. I know, it is the convenience of taking the dog to someone and letting them do it, but I just couldn't make myself pay someone that much to clip the hair from my Yorkie. So, today we went to Petco and purchased a set of clippers to do the job. Now I need to watch the video and become a pro.

2 comments:

  1. You can also go on youtube and see grooming on different breeds of dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. Yes, the cost is really amazing. Around here prices are much higher than that too!

    ReplyDelete