Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I grew up in a family where Thanksgiving was not so much about the food, but about the time spent together. The time spent together making the food and catching up with everyone. It was the one time of the year that everyone gathered in one location, usually my grandmothers house. There was never enough places for everyone to sleep and never enough bathrooms for everyone to use, but none of that mattered because we were all together just having fun. We would stay up late talking or playing a rowdy game of spoons.

My grandmother has long since passed and the family has gone in separate directions, but I am still thankful for the memories she created and the sense of family she instilled in all of us. I am also very thankful for a wonderful husband, a good job, and a great family (both mine and my in-laws).

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Perfectly wonderful!

    Our Thanksgivings, in mid-October in Canada were often spent running joyfully through the woods. Fun!

    HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU TO!!

    ReplyDelete