Saturday, November 1, 2008

Bar Flies

I am convinced that my parents have become bar flies. Growing up my parents rarely, if ever, went out alone. Now when I call, my brother answers (that is a story for another post) and tells me they are at the bar. This happens about three times per week. My mother was never a drinker and can not hold her alcohol. Two beers and she is tipsy. They get bored at home so they go out. Since all, well most, of their kids have left home; they go out to visit with friends in the same situation. It just sounds strange to hear that your parents are at the bar - again.

1 comment:

  1. My parents have never been much of drinkers, Dad maybe 2-3 drinks at a party. Mom a glass of wine - sometimes goes crazy and has two. They live out in the countryside so there are no bars around. But I swear - they go out and socialize like 4 times a week at other peoples' houses or have friends in. Butterflies, I tell ya - Butterflies!

    ReplyDelete