Saturday, November 22, 2008

Errand Day

Today was errand day. We started our day going by the post office to buy stamps, then off to a store I really love called Things Celtic. I was hoping to find a pewter St. Bridget's Cross for our new house. It is supposed to bless and bring luck to anyone who crosses the threshold. They didn't have what I was looking for, but we still spent a good bit of time looking at everything there. They import most of their stuff from Ireland and Scotland. The store is super packed, but feels very relaxing. Their store cat is beautiful and he likes to stare at himself in the mirror.

Next was a stop by Walgreen's to get meds for the dog, then we were off to the mall. The mall was total chaos. People were already in full swing with their holiday shopping. The place was completely packed. We went straight to Macy's to pick up the item we were after and then back out. Unfortunately, we were in such a hurry to get out of the mall that we didn't realize until we got home that we purchased the wrong item. So, back to the mall I headed to exchange it for the right item this time.

I really like the holiday season, especially when it is cool and misty like it was today. Unfortunately, it seems to bring out the worst in other people. Hopefully they will catch the holiday spirit too and leave their Grinch selves at home.

1 comment:

  1. I like Scottish fudge, filled with a nip 'o whiskey in it. That's kind of Celtic, isn't it?

    I see on your sidebar about wanting to visit Ireland with in the next 1o years. Is that you or the dogs?

    P.S. I am fit as a fiddle and feeling fine, post-migraine. I liked your comment about your special relationship you had with your mother-in-law too. We were lucky, you and I.

    ReplyDelete