Sunday, July 27, 2008

Scared

Abbie has epilepsy and takes phenobarbital twice a day to control her seizures. No matter how many times it happens, it still scares me to death. Last night, I was on the computer and I heard an unusual noise in her crate, when I turned around she was not able to stand up and had a lost look in her eyes. I instantly realized she was having a seizure. Her front legs were stiff but not able to hold her up so she kept falling in her crate. It took less than a second to reach her, but it seemed like forever. We scooped her up and took her in to the bathroom hold and comfort her in case she was not able to control her bladder (that has happened a couple of times). This one only last 2 minutes, but that was the longest 2 minutes imaginable.

I don't think I will ever get used to that sad lost look in her eyes, nor will I ever not be scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment