Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Regionalization

Work has been extremely stressful lately. As a part of the management team, I have known for a while that changes are coming and that our company is going through regionalization. I didn't, and still don't know the exact details. I do know that some people will ultimately be let go due to job elimination and that those will mostly be in "leadership" roles. The down side of being in management is knowing this information; the really downside of this is being in HR management. I will most likely be part of the team that has to deliver the news to these people. I have done that in the past and it is never easy. I had to tell my team yesterday that I could be one of the people impacted and they were pretty upset. That made be feel good as a manager, but still a little sad too. Thankfully, we have put a backup plan in place in case I am one of the "leadership" roles that is impacted. Now we just have to wait and see if it has to be implemented.

1 comment: