Sunday, June 8, 2008

Grannystein

We all have names for our neighbors that we do not know and we refer to them in some way that only we know who we are talking about. Well, one of my neighbors is Grannystein. She was so named because she is an older lady who sounds like Frankenstein when she walks. She is my upstairs neighbor and she sounds like she is always wearing heels or boots - even first thing in the morning. I picture her getting out of bed and slipping on these fuzzy stiletto slippers. She cleans house and does laundry at 6 in the morning. She has no idea how to pick up things, she drags them across the floors and since we have hardwood floors that sound vibrates into our apartment. I get the impression she has not lived in an apartment before.

Well, Sunday's are normally my favorite day of the week. We sleep in, make a big breakfast, and order a movie to watch. This morning, I didn't get the sleep in because Grannystein decided to get up at the crack of dawn and start doing housework. I decided to go ahead and get out of bed because there was no sense in just laying there looking at the ceiling.

We went about our normal routine and decided we were going to watch a comedy as our movie choice this week. We picked the Hilary Swank movie, P.S. I Love You. Well, there was some funny parts; but I since get very emotional with movies, I cried almost the entire movie.

Between Grannystein waking me up at the crack of dawn and crying for 2 hours, I was wiped out. I plan to make the rest of the day a really lazy one - if Grannystein will be quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment