Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Cleaning House

Those who know me well, know that I am not a domestic type of person. I do not like to cook, clean or go shopping. I can do those things, but I prefer not to do them. You need a minor electrical or plumbing repair - no problem; if your fishing reel needs to be repaired - give me a call; you got a bug that needs to be removed from the house - I'm on it; but if your house needs to be cleaned - don't even think about calling me. Luckily, I married a man who does not mind doing the cooking, the cleaning, and he even does my clothes shopping.

Well, this evening when I was washing dishes (hubby cooks and I do the dishes), I decided to do something out of the norm and clean the toaster. I took the little tray out of the bottom and I even turned it upside down to get more of the crumbs out. Next thing I know, hubby is in the kitchen and has taken over cleaning the toaster. He pulls out some tools, takes the toaster apart, and is outside with the compressed air getting the remainder of the crumbs out of the toaster. Now, mind you the toaster was not that bad. There were no nasty smells coming from it when you turned it on and it still worked fine. But now, the toaster is like new.

I am very thankful that I have him here to do the cleaning (yes he even does the toilets). If not, I would only clean when I absolutely had to - and I certainly would not take things apart.

I am fortunate that I found someone who balances me out. I will handle the 50-60 hours in the office and he can run the household. That has worked perfectly for the last 20 years, so why change things now.

Hmmm, maybe I should consider renting him out to other women who don't like to do housework?!?!?!

1 comment:

  1. I wish he could come to my place! LOL. The last few days of my vacation I did NOTHING and you know what a lousy housekeeper I am to begin with!

    All kidding aside, it's great that you continue to complement each other so well! Yea you guys!!

    ReplyDelete