Saturday, May 21, 2011

My Grandparents Would Be Proud

I grew up in the country and my grandparents would always have a garden that would help them with their grocery needs for the family.  In fact, in later years, my grandfather would take some of his fruits and vegetables and sell them on the roadside.  As a kid, I hated being in the garden.  I liked very little of the stuff that came out of the garden, so I didn't want to help - I still had to help, but I really didn't want to.  Now as an adult, I really like gardening and wish I had paid more attention to what my grandparents were trying to show me.  I still am not a fan of all of the items that come out of the garden, but I like seeing the things I planted grow.  Today I spent my morning volunteering at the farmer's market and spent the afternoon working in our garden picking spaghetti squash, onions, tomatoes, and jalapenos.  I think if my grandparents could see my garden, they would be very proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment