Sunday, April 17, 2011

Neti Pot

Austin is known as the "Live Music Capitol of the World, but some of us think it should also be known as the "Allergy Capitol of the World."  People who have never dealt with allergies before, will get allergies at some point when they come to Austin, it is inevitable.  Some people are lucky and they just deal with allergies during the spring, unfortunately, I am not one of those lucky ones.  I have always used allergies meds, but now I have decided to use a different approach.  Instead of using decongestants and antihistamines, I have decided to use a neti pot and attack my allergies that way.  My symptoms are in my nose, so why not.  I have been scare of trying a neti pot for years because I have always heard it makes you feel like you are drowning.  That is a feeling I can't handle.  So, with my new determination, I purchased a neti pot and tried it for the first time.  Yes, it felt uncomfortable at first, but as soon as it broke through that clog and started flowing, it felt great.  Afterwards I felt like I had been swimming and gotten water up my nose, but when that feeling went away, I could breathe freely again.  I will definitely keep using the neti pot and see if that helps my allergies.

No comments:

Post a Comment