Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Helping A Stranger

This evening I had to pop in to Walgreen's to purchase some feminine products.  As I am standing there looking for my item, I hear this young guy (maybe 25-ish) say to someone on the phone "here is a lady that looks nice".  He then walks up to me and asks if I will talk to his girlfriend, Trish.  He hands me the cell phone and Trish tells me she is in desperate need of some tampons.  She tells me what kind and all of the details, so I pick them out for her.  As we are finishing the call, she tells me he was really embarrassed to be there and he may ask me to help him check out.  Sure enough, as I am handing him her item, he says he doesn't know what to do at the checkout.  So, I tell him to give me his money; I paid for the item and then handed him the bag with the change on my way out the door.  I have no idea what his name was, but the poor guy looked so uncomfortable being in that section of the store.

Hopefully he gets better in those situations, but for tonight I was able to help him and his girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment