Thursday, July 23, 2009

Expensive Trip to Chili's

On July 3rd, neither of us felt like cooking and a Chili's burger sounded really good, so off to Chili's we went. Hubby ordered his normal medium burger and I had the little baby burgers. The service was a little slow and his burger arrived slightly undercooked in the very middle, but it wasn't too bad so he ate it anyway.

A couple of days later he started feeling like he had the flu. After about a week, he went to the doctor and found out that he had food poisoning and the doctor felt 100% certain it was from the undercooked burger he had at Chili's (there had apparently been some warnings about tainted beef in the area). He took his week of Cipro for the food poisoning and still wasn't feeling very good, so the doctor called in some additional medicine. This week he finally began to feel a little better, but still not back to 100%.

Yesterday I stopped to pick up the mail and noticed an envelope from our local police department. It was from the Automated Red Light Enforcement department, so I opened it immediately. It was a fine for $75. This had to be a mistake. I went home and we looked over the video at the link they provided. When hubby was turning in to the strip center where the Chili's was located, he had to make a right hand turn. Unfortunately, he did not come to a full stop at the red light before making the turn.

Adding in the cost of the meal, the cost of the doctor visits, the cost of the medications, and now the cost of the fine, this meal has easily cost us over $200 - for 2 burgers and 2 glasses of tea. Chili's is off limits for a long while!

1 comment: