Friday, May 29, 2009

Smooth Away

I recently purchased one of the "As Seen on TV" products called Smooth Away. I really dislike shaving my legs and this seemed like it would be a quick and painless replacement for shaving - at least that's what the commercial said. I bought it at Walgreens about a week ago, but hadn't tried it until today. Hubby pulled it out several days ago and actually removed hair from his chest, so I was really hopeful that this would work. I have tried lots of other options (Nair, Veet, waxing, etc) and none seem to work for me.

It said the hair should be about 1/4 inches long for best results. Done. Then it said your legs needed to be freshly cleaned and dried. Done. So I proceeded to rub the spot clockwise three times and then counter clockwise three times, pressing gently but not to hard. Hmm, nothing came off. I read the instructions again to make sure I understood and being very careful to following the instructions exactly, I tried it again. Still no hair came off. I decided the try a spot on my arm and see what happens. This time it spot came out nice and smooth. Okay, it is time to go back to the legs now that I have ruled out user. Still no hair is coming off. Okay, this time I tried a spot on the face - very smooth. A small tingling feeling like carpet burn, but it was really smooth. I gave it one more try on the legs and you guessed it, still no hair came off. Each time I went back to the same spot on my legs, but that darn hair refused to budge. Determined to leave the bathroom with smooth legs, I grabbed my trusty razor and made quick work of the small forest that had begun to grow. Ugh. Guess it is just going to have to be me and the razor - like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment