Thursday, May 7, 2009

High School Reunion

I received a reminder a couple of days ago that our high school reunion is going to be held in September over Homecoming weekend. This will be number 25! Man that makes me feel old and the grey hair peeking at me in the mirror doesn't help.

In the invitation there was names and email addresses of several other classmates. I tried to see if I could figure out what they are doing now based on their email address. One of the had a road runner email account so she was here in Austin somewhere, another one is an attorney in Austin working for Travis County, one is some kind of consultant based here in Austin, and one works for an international law firm, but most of the email accounts were general email addresses like gmail or yahoo.

I have not attended any of my other reunions, but I am going to make an effort to go to this one. It will be nice to see who has gained extra pounds or see who has no hair left. Maybe seem some of the less popular group who became knockouts as they matured. I know several people stayed in or around Stephenville, but most of the group I hung out with moved on as quickly as possible. One is an Orchestra Director at a school in the Dallas area; one is a science teacher, and won Teacher of the Year, in Mississippi last year; and the other two married each other, moved around a couple of times and then landed back in the Stephenville area. Not sure if they are still together; rumor has it that they parted ways.

It will be interesting to see how many people attend and to see what everyone is up to these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment