Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Birthday & Happy Anniversary

Today is birthday number 43. I took the day off of work and have no special plans other than to work in my yard. I know most people would not consider that a fun way to spend their birthday; however, I am very grateful that I actually can.

You see, on my birthday last year I had a hole in the small of my back the diameter of a quarter and about 2 inches deep from an infection; was having wound care 7 days a week to remove the necrotic tissue ( sometimes by doctors and sometimes by hubby); was on yet another round of antibiotics that was not working; and was not able to walk more than a few steps without the assistance of a cane or walker and extreme pain. As it turned out, the infection continued to worsen and 5 days later I was admitted to the hospital to have it surgically removed.

Now I am able to walk unassisted and mostly pain free. So, considering where I was a year ago, I am thrilled to be able to work in my yard on my birthday.

Most memorable birthday gift.... a new Dad for birthday number 7. What was your most memorable birthday gift?

Happy 36th Anniversary Mom & Dad.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a great birthday. One of my favorite birthday gifts is the wine fridge my parents got me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your day was extra special! Thinking of you!!!bk

    ReplyDelete