Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Kudos to Caregivers

Yesterday hubby cut his finger while changing out the lawnmower blade and needed to go get a couple of stitches. When he called out to me to tell me what had happened (thankfully I was working from home), I went in to a bit of a mini panic mode. He was waiting for me to get out the gauze and help him make a temporary bandage to help stop the bleeding, but my brain just simply wasn't thinking about what needed to be done. We finally got him to the ER and they were somewhat busy so it took a bit for them to call him back. He needed a couple of stitches and they put on a splint to keep his finger straight for a couple of days. While we were in the waiting room, hubby pointed out what a terrible nurse I would have made and he is correct. I am good with the helping out (opening things, helping him dry off after a shower, etc.), but actually putting bandages on and the like is not my forte. I don't get weirded out by the wound, I just simply can't dress a wound very well.

So kudos to my brother, sister-in-law, and all those in the caregiver profession. I am glad you are there and are good at what you do - it is just not my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment