Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hail in Austin Area

Yesterday we had a crazy hail storm here in Austin. Unfortunately, I wasn't at home when it happened. I was tucked safely in one of the bays at a car wash in Pflugerville. When I heard the first hail stone hit my car, I quickly got out of the line at Popeye's where I was hoping to grab some dinner and headed for the nearest cover. By the time I managed to get across the street and in to one of the bays it started coming down like crazy. The size of the hail ranged from pea size to ping pong size in my area, but some areas reported as large as golf ball size hail.

This was Riley's first storm like this and she handled it just fine. In fact, after it was over we let her outside to see what was going on and she thought those cute little white balls were for her to play with and eat.

I didn't get any pictures of the storm, but here is a link to see some pictures around the Austin area.

No comments:

Post a Comment