Thursday, August 7, 2008

Making Jewelry

I had previously made a simple pair of black and silver earrings and they turned out pretty decent. Today I decided to make a necklace to go with them. I set out all of my beads and put out what I thought was all of my supplies. After I took the time to string the beads, I started to wonder how I was going to make this clasp stay on the wire. That's when I pulled back out my starters guide and realized I needed crimper beads. After I make a trip to the craft store to find crimper beads, I will be able to finish my necklace. The set is pretty simple, but I wanted to make something that I would actually wear on a regular basis. Stringing beads is more tedious that I thought, but it was still fun. Maybe after I get a better variety of beads, I will be able to come up with something more colorful. Anyone have any tips on the tools and supplies a beginner should have?

No comments:

Post a Comment