Friday, August 1, 2008

Abbie's Oral Surgery

Abbie has not been feeling great for the past several days. She had two seizures in 3 days and then was mopey and wouldn't eat after that. We realized that her teeth were bothering her so we scheduled her for a cleaning. She went for her appointment today and the poor baby had a broken tooth that was exposing some of the nerves. No wonder she didn't want to eat or play. She had the tooth removed while they were cleaning her teeth and put in a few stitches. She has some pain meds to take for the next few days, but you can tell she is already feeling better than before. She is still a little tired and doesn't really want to play with a hyper 8 week old puppy, but honestly I wouldn't feel like it either. I totally panic at the thought of going to the dentist. I have to give myself a pep talk just to do the cleanings every six months. When I had my wisdom tooth pulled, they gave me an anti-anxiety med before I had it done. I can only imagine how poor Abbie must feel. She thought she was going in to play with all of the techs at the vet clinic and came out with stitches in her mouth. We will baby her over the next few days and then she should be back to our normal bouncing off the wall child.

No comments:

Post a Comment