Monday, August 4, 2008

Bedtime

I am always catching grief because I have spoiled Abbie. I don't so much see it as spoiling as pampering. When Abbie was a baby, the only way I could get her to go to sleep at night was to hold her on my shoulder and rock her to sleep. Well, now I'm not the one doing the spoiling, or pampering, whichever you want to call it. Riley expects her daddy to rock AND sing her to sleep every night! He will cradle her in his arms with her laying on her back, and as he rocks and sings to her, she will go totally limp. Once she is limp and relaxed, I can put her in her kennel and she will fall asleep without whimpering. On the nights that he does not rock and sing her to sleep, she will whimper for a short period and then drift off to sleep. I still rock Abbie to sleep some nights when she is being restless. I want to see daddy rocking and singing to Riley in 6 or 8 months when she weighs 50 pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment