Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Filing

Ever noticed that your filing at home just piles up?  Or maybe it's just my household paperwork that just piles up.  I have great intentions of getting to it, it just doesn't happen.  Here's how it goes in my house.  I receive a piece of mail that needs to be saved or I pay a bill and my portion needs to be filed away.  I put it in the basket o my desk because I need to move on to something else more important, or it seems more important at the time.  I promise myself I am going to just leave it in the basket for a few minutes and I will file it the next time I am at my desk.  Several days go by and that basket is still in the same position with all of the same papers needing to be filed - out of sight, out of mind.  Next thing you know. a few weeks have gone by and the filing just doesn't seem as important any more. I convince myself I know exactly what's in the basket, so it can wait while I finish whatever is more important at this time.  Next thing you know, that basket is full and now it seems overwhelming.  How in the world did that basket get so blasted full?  Then hubby asks a question or needs to find a document.  Oh crap, please don't be in that basket.  Unfortunately, it is always in that basket.  After hubby has to dig through the basket and I start to feel guilty about it being such a mess, then everything gets filed.

I really need to figure out a way to go from the part where I received the mail or paid the bill straight to the part where everything gets filed. 

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing. I even started keeping paid bills in a plastic accordian folder, to file immediately after paying, but they just end up sitting in the bill paying box!!

    ReplyDelete