Saturday, August 21, 2010

New Glasses

Today I went to get new glasses. I had been putting it off, for no good reason, and decided today was the day. To me the worst part about getting new glasses is trying on new frames. How the heck do they expect you to see how you look in the new frames when you can't see without your glasses. I always have to take hubby with me so he can help me pick them out. I know he won't pick at pair that makes me look dorky. If he did, he would get stuck looking at me wearing them. With the new frames all picked out, I went to select all of the goodies I wanted on them. Transition lenses are a must and this time I added the anti-glare coating. When the clerk was putting my order together, she said I actually hadn't gotten new glasses since 2004. Wow, I had no idea it has been that long. She said my prescription has changed significantly, so that is probably why I am having a hard time focusing on things and am getting headaches. Since it was my astigmatism that has changed the most, they will take a few days of adjustment when I finally get them. They had to order my lenses this time, so it will take 10-14 days before I get my new glasses. I am looking forward to a new look and to being able to see better.

No comments:

Post a Comment