Thursday, December 10, 2009

Arthritis

My knees had been killing me for a while now and I was getting really frustrated with the normal ortho that I had been seeing. After x-rays and a MRI, he kept telling me "I think" and "I guess" when he would tell me what was going on. During the 6 months while he was busy guessing and thinking, my knees were getting worse and I was growing a but irritated. In fact, when I started going to him it was only one knee, but during it process it progressed to both knees. Yesterday, I went to see a new ortho and really liked him. He didn't have to "guess" or "think" about what was going on; he looked at my x-rays (new ones he took) and the MRI results I had provided and instantly told me it was old fashioned arthritis - but in advanced stages. It is not common for someone my age and I am not thrilled with the news, but at least I know what is going on. We came up with a treatment game plan and I feel much better about what is going on. I wasn't crazy about the cortisone shot, but it is part of the plan.

1 comment:

  1. You need to make my arthritis remedy! Go buy some golden raisins and gin!

    ReplyDelete