Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hita, Japan

One of my team members will be leaving in September and moving to Hita, Japan. Her husband got a job teaching English in Hita for a year through an exchange program at the University of Texas at Austin. She is going to go and spend the year learning about and enjoying the culture. She will be one of only 5 people in the village that speaks English. I am very sad to be losing her from my team, but utterly thrilled at the opportunity she and her husband have. This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving couple.

Now, I have to come up with some kind of going away get together and a going away gift. I am terrible at these kind of things and need some help with ideas. I know you all are very creative, so please send me some suggestions; September 10th will be here in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment