Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tillie, Carl and the Pepito's

Tillie, Carl and the Pepito's are my plants. Yes, my plants have names. I know I am a little strange - that is nothing new.

Tillie is my tomato plant. She has three tomatoes that are growing nicely, but are not yet ready to be picked. I can't wait until they ripen and we can pick them.

Carl is my cucumber plant. He has lots of flowers, but no cucumbers yet. He is planted in a 2-3 foot long planter and he extends about 2 feet on each side of the planter making him about 6 feet long. He is trying to attach himself to everything - except the wire and posts I gave him to attach to.

The Pepito's are my pepper plants. There are hot peppers, an assortment of sweet peppers, and some bell peppers. The hot and sweet peppers are looking nice, but they don't have any peppers on them yet. The bell pepper has 3 little peppers on it that are growing nicely. Hopefully in a couple of weeks they will be big enough to pick.

This is my first attempt at having a garden in pots, so it will be cool to see how well they do this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment