Monday, January 19, 2009

Scared in the Bookstore

Today we went to the bookstore and as we were walking around we noticed this one poor guy who looked scared to death. You know, the look you get when you don't know if you should cry, barf, or run. He had that look and was trying so hard not to let it show. He was standing there as the female next to him added more and more books to the stack. With each book she added, he looked a little more scared. My curiosity got the better of me, so I had to know what kind of books they were buying that had him looking so pale. They were in the parenting section and she had stacked about 10 different parent to be books in his arms. I wanted so badly to tell him to put down the books and just spend time with someone who had children; but I didn't. Instead, I left the store feeling sorry for the poor fellow who has weeks of reading in his very near future.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I must've bought and read 30 parenting books. They do help. A bit. Sometimes.

    ReplyDelete