Monday, January 12, 2009

House Issues - Again

Last night we got news that the house was a no-go. The feds decided not to move forward with the program we applied under to purchase our house. Our moods were rock bottom. Today, I called to see if there was any possible way to extend our lease. No-go there either which is what I suspected. I have a great apartment with hardwood floors and a yard. I called several rental houses and all were a no-go. Either they don't take big dogs (my sweet little Riley is now pushing 50 pounds) or the house was already gone. By this time I have successfully spent a few hours of company time and not done anything that I was being paid to - oh well. Finally, I spoke to our realtor and he came up with another game plan. We are now back on track and trying to close at the end of this month. It looks like it may work, but we have a very tight window on the closing date and move out date.

Right now my main focus is on keeping my sanity intact and not stressing out too much. Once we make it through this, I am vowing to never buy another house - EVER.

Keep your fingers crossed and send all good luck wishes our way that everything gets finished in time for us to close and move out by the first week of February.


  1. I'll be praying for you! When I bought my current house I swore the only way I'd move is when they'd have to cart my dead body out of it! I hope everything works out!

  2. Gosh, talk about a roller-coaster ride. Yes fingers and all else crossed for you over here!