Sunday, May 12, 2013

Day 3 with Chigger Bites

Well, today is definitely better than the last 2 days.  I no longer want to scratch my skin off on a constant basis, the new bite marks have stopped forming, and we were both able to sleep most of the night.  Through trial and error, we did find some things that have worked for us;  solarcaine, ice packs, epsom salt baths, and benadryl.  I have read so much stuff online and from what I have found, there is basically no remedy that works for everyone.  Remedies that one person swears by, another person says did not work for them at all. So we have just been doing a combination of things to get relief.  I don't know how I have lived in Texas all my life and never gotten these pesky little bugs before, but I certainly hope I never get them again.  I think even poison ivy was less irritating.  I must say though, this has not really stopped us from geocaching.  We have still managed to go out each day to grab a cache, we just pick those that are in a more urban setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment