Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Shingles

Ever heard of Shingles? And I am not talking about the ones on your roof. Shingles is the chickenpox virus that can break out after you have had the chickenpox. Well, I am lucky enough to have an outbreak almost every year and have done so for the past 5 years. I have found for me that large amounts of stress cause the outbreak. I have gotten so good at identifying them, that even my doctor doesn't question it anymore. Well, yesterday I noticed a small outbreak. This time on the pad of one of my fingers. That is such and odd place. It is easy to keep covered with a bandage so I don't smoosh the bump, but just such a weird place for me. I have not considered getting the shot previously because they say that is something you get when you are older. I guess I need to face the fact that I am now "older" and should probably get the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment