Monday, October 19, 2009

Hutto Olde Tyme Days

Hutto had the annual Olde Tyme Days Festival over the weekend. It was the first time hubby and I went and we actually volunteered to help out at the festival. We were placed at one of the beer and water stations for a couple of hours. It was actually pretty fun. We were placed right next to a tent with the Texas & OU game playing, so hubby was able to see some of the game.

We also walked around the festival for a while and I was able to pick up a bulb of our city flower, the Orange Crush Daylily, from the Keep Hutto Beautiful group. Hubby bought a turkey leg that was huge, but very tasty while I had a chicken suovlaki for lunch. I bought some kettle corn that reminded me of the popcorn we had as a kid; and I bought a t-shirt to support the local Hutto Hippos Athletic group.

The festival had live music, lots of vendors, a petting zoo, horse rides, and a climbing wall. There was face painting, cartoon drawings, and so much more.

All in all it was a really fun day and by the time we got home that evening we were exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment