Friday, December 28, 2012

Gun Control

There is a lot of talk about gun control due to the recent tragic events.  I know everyone has a strong opinion one way or the other, and I am no different.  I will be the first to say that I believe in the right to own guns, and yes I do own them; however, I am all for putting a ban on assault style guns.  Those guns were meant for the military and law enforcement.  They were not meant for home protection and definitely not meant for hunting.  I believe that the average person having an assault style gun is the perfect opportunity for trouble. 

I have a friend who works at a gun shop and he said within the first few days after the Newtown events, they literally wiped out their inventory of guns.  Today we were in the shop and the assault weapons were almost completely gone, but the other guns were still plentiful on the shelf. 

I hope they do put a ban on the assault weapons.

No comments:

Post a Comment