Friday, October 21, 2011

Delegating Duties

Work is extremely busy for me right now.  My boss is out of the office for a while, so I am picking up a lot of additional duties.  For the past couple of weeks, I have been trying to handle it all myself and that has resulted in me working a crazy amount of hours.  Some days I would work a full day in the office and then come home and work until 11 or 11:30 at night.  It is beginning to take it's toll.  Because of this, I have finally come to the conclusion that I need to learn to delegate.  So, starting next week, I am going to delegate some of my day to day duties to my assistant.  It will be hard since we have very different styles, but I know we can make it work.

1 comment:

  1. I have been delegating at all levels for many years (that makes me sound as old as I am). One thing that has stayed with me is that if the assignment was not permanent then the "style" had to be mine with a little of his/hers allowed. People then experience that team effort gets the job done - no matter who is calling the shots. There are always parameters in any job assignment that can be tweaked but not necessary on a temp assignment. Keep it simple and keep it clean and it will all work out. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete