Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bee Sting??

On Sunday when we were at the City Wide Garage Sale, I managed to get bit or stung by something.  I don't have a clue what it was, I just felt a little pinch on my left side and nothing else.  When I got home about 4 hours later, I had a very large (6 inch by 4 inch oval), very angry red area on my left side that was blazing hot and hurt very bad.  Hubby thought it looked like I had gotten up against something and he played nurse Sunday evening.  On Monday, it was much better, so I went to the doctor to get it checked out.  She was honestly a little stumped as to what may have gotten me since there was no definitive entrance spot, but thought perhaps it might have been a bee sting.  The one thing she was certain about was that it was already infected - less than 24 hours later.  She gave me some antibiotics and told me to call back this morning if it wasn't better and we would go to plan B.  Thankfully, it is much better this morning.  The size of the main area is about the same (it is outlined with magic marker), but the heat is completely gone and it is now just slightly pink.  Thank goodness I can call her today with good news, because I have no idea what plan B would have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment