Saturday, November 14, 2009

Suicide

I found out yesterday that a family member committed suicide. It was a cousin that I hadn't kept in contact with and honestly hadn't seen her since I was a kid. I kept up with what was going on in her life through my mother. I knew her life had not been the easiest, but from what I had last heard, things were okay. She was married and had 2 great kids. Then yesterday, I got a call from my mom that she had taken her own life. I simply don't understand what drives a person to such deep despair that they feel like the only way out is death. This is something that I have always struggled with and would honestly like to understand. My cousin left behind two children (both under age 10) who will now have to live with the trauma of losing their mother at an early age.

I know she had her issues she was dealing with, but I honestly don't understand why suicide would seem like the appropriate answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment