Monday, September 29, 2008

Annoying Voice

Today was a long day of meetings and conference calls. I literally had back to back meetings and calls all day long. Most of them went pretty well, but one of the calls - and of course it was the longest one - had someone on it whose voice drives me over the edge. She has one of those whiny, nails on a chalk board, kind of voices. The call was to discuss staff changes and about half way through the call I was ready to give her whatever she wanted just to make her be quiet. But by the end of the call I was so annoyed that she would not shut up, that I was no longer willing to negotiate. She normally gets what she wants because she is very confrontational and people don't want to deal with her. I am a pretty laid back and calm person most of the time, but I can tell I am really going to have to be on my toes when dealing with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment