Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Is Target Being Racist?

I noticed in our local Target that they have an isle that has the Italian, Asian, and Hispanic items. Why are these ethnicities being singled out?  Why can't you put the tortilla's with the other bread products or put the beans with Hispanic brand names in the place with the other beans?  Why can't the noodles all be placed in the same locations?

I just find this somewhat offensive and wonder if anyone else ever noticed this or if it is just at my Target?

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't noticed that at Target-but my grocery store has things organized this way, to a degree. I don't find it racist. I actually find it helpful. If I'm planning an Asian meal-I can go to that aisle and find the sauces I need. Of course, I can also find Asian spices in the spice aisle, tortillas in both the refrigerated section and the Mexican/Latin American section.

    ReplyDelete