Sunday, January 31, 2010
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
On Friday, we found out that one of hubby's Uncles passed away. He was the last of his father's siblings. He was 89 years old and passed peacefully at home. I also went to class in San Marcos which didn't end until 9:30pm. By the time I got home (I live about 80 miles from the school) it was almost 11pm and I was wiped out.
Saturday and Sunday were filled with the normal errands and around the house chores, but for some reason I never got on the computer.
Monday was back to work, but luckily I was able to work from home that day. On days that I work from home, I actually get twice as much done and I get to do it in my comfy clothes.
On Tuesday, I was back in the office and delivered annual reviews for 6 of my team members, plus got my own review. That took up the majority of the day and then I left work a little early to attend the Rosary for hubby's Uncle (well I suppose since we have been married for almost 22 years, he is my uncle too). Unfortunately, by the time we got there (it was completely across town on the tail end of rush hour traffic), the parking lot was full and they were turning people away. We tried parking on the streets in the neighborhood with no success, so we went to have dinner and then came back at the end of the Rosary to pay our respects. Come to find out, there were two Rosary's going on and both had large families which caused extreme crowding at the funeral home.
That brings me to today. We have the funeral services today and again they are across town. Since I am off work, I will use this morning to get some studying done for a test I have on Sunday and one of 3 research papers due on Monday. About midday we will head to the services and then hopefully back home before rush hour traffic hits again. Today is also my mother's birthday so I have to remember to call her this evening. Hopefully her cards reached her on time. I sent her one from "the kids" and then one from hubby and I. She has been feeling down about hitting #60, so hopefully the cards will cheer her up a little.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Monday, January 18, 2010
Sunday, January 17, 2010
I have to admit, I am not on most of those social media sites. I am too concerned about my personal information being shared. I have had my social get used by someone trying to get welfare and I have had a credit number stolen, that is enough to make me extremely cautious. I am on Linked In and I have a page on My Space that I haven't accessed in almost a year. I am not on Twitter, Face Book, or any of the others and that is fine with me.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Monday, January 11, 2010
She saw me pull out the cone last night and didn't look too pleased. She went to lay and watch TV with her daddy and didn't want to be bothered. I know she hates wearing that thing, but it is he only way to keep her from licking at her stitches. I don't know what kind of restrictions to expect this time, but hopefully they won't be too bad.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Monday, January 4, 2010
Sunday, January 3, 2010
I bet you can guess what I am going to say next..... That recipe is tucked away so safely that I cannot find it anywhere. We have been looking for that recipe on and off now for over a year. I know exactly what the little notebook I wrote it in looks like, but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere. Since she never showed any of my sister-in-laws, I can't ask them to share the recipe. I need to find that recipe or the family menudo recipe is lost forever.
Have you ever tucked something away in such a safe place that even you can't find it anymore?
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Friday, January 1, 2010
Here are a few of the "ups" for 2009:
- We purchased our first home. Purchasing a home was a huge step for us. We have been married over 20 years and always lived in an apartment, but decided it was time to take the next step. The home buying process was not easy, but we made it through and love our home.
- This was the year that hubby defied the odds with his hearing. When he was diagnosed as going deaf 2 years ago, they told him he would completely lose his ability to hear within 2 years. Thankfully he still has a portion of his hearing.
- I got a promotion at work and made it through 4 rounds of downsizing with our company.
- Hubby hit the 100 pound mark on his weight loss and looks fantastic. He weighs less now than when we met 22 years ago!
- I resumed working on my master's degree and am proudly hanging on to a 4.0 GPA.
- We added Nash to our family. He is a Yorkie that is 3 pounds of pure attitude and most definitely a mama's boy.
- We ended the year by seeing TSO in concert and spending News Years Eve with a great group of friends.
Unfortunately during 2009 we also had some curve balls tossed our way.
- Abbie, our 6 year old Rat Terrier, broke her leg in June which required 3 surgeries to repair (the last one will happen in January). That was an tremendous expense we were not expecting, but have found a way to make it work.
- After several months of extreme pain in my knees, we learned that I have advanced arthritis (thankfully just osteoarthritis) which is affecting the knees and will begin to affect the back at some point.
- We learned that hubby has Meniere's Disease. This was totally unexpected and actually been out biggest curve ball for the year.
Although we tend to remember the bad more than the good, when I look at our list, we really did have more ups than downs. I am looking forward to 2010 and hope that we can continue to have more ups than downs.
I hope everyone has a prosperous and happy 2010. Happy New Year!